IDENTICAL + NESTING +MULTIPLES
Objective: Build 3 identical complex forms that can seat or fit into each other.
You will be provided with a limited amount of Chip board, hot glue and tools to build your 3 objects.
2 full class periods will be devoted to studio time to complete this project. ( You are encouraged to work outside of class also)
THINK: What kinds of objects can you find at home that work in this manner?
What type of research can you do to help you along? ( gather images online ......visit a department store and observe products designed to stack and nest....etc ) Copy an existing object and reproduce it using chipboard?
What are the advantages of objects designed to be stacked?....how are they designed ?....are they simple forms?....complex ?
1. Each object must measure at least 12 x12 x12 . ( use your material wisely )
2. every part of your sculpture must have volume or dimension.....no single sheets of cardboard!!
3. Your workouts have more than 1 plane ( no CONES!)
4. You must make 3 identical objects.
Projects will be graded on the following criteria:
1. level of finish ( how clean is your sculpture...clean lines, little or no evidence of glue,)
2. Are all 3 objects identical?
3. How well do the 3 objects fit together?
APRIL 21st : project introduction.
APRIL 28th : work day
MAY 5th : work day
MAY12th : CRIT DAY